Contact Us Today 248-608-4123

Can Custody Orders be Modified?

Custody orders can be modified. Custody orders can be modified by filing a petition to modify the custody.To modify custody one must show that there's been a change in circumstances or good cause shown. The change in circumstances or good cause has to be sufficient or strong enough to actually affect the child's daily life. If you can show that then the court will reevaluate the best interest factors and determine whether it's in the best interest of the child to change custody.

Contact Us Today

Goulding Family Law & Mediation, PLC is committed to answering your questions about Divorce, Family Law, and Estate Planning law issues in Michigan.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.